Donor Mapping: Contents
MAPPING THE DONOR ENGAGEMENT WITH & IN THE YOUTH SECTOR
This mapping offers an in-depth overview of the most important characteristics of donor engagement with the international youth sector and the youth sectors of different regions. It summarises the activities of members of the donor community active in the international youth sector and presents some ideas about how funding the international youth sector works in practice. It also provides information about both grant-making and operational programs that support young people’s initiatives.
- What Kind of Information Can You Find in This Document and What Is Its Scope?
- Limits of Available Information
- How Is the Information Presented in This Document Organized?
- Who Is Funding What and Why in the International Youth Sector?
- Dominant Themes
- Youth Employability, Livelihoods, and Entrepreneurship
- Youth Development, Focusing Heavily on Formal Education
- Youth and HIV/AIDS
- Youth and Participation
- Emerging Issues
- Gaps in Provision? Problems and Challanges in Funding the IYS
- International Intergovernmental Organizations
- The United Nations System
- Agencies with Important Operational Programs and Grant-Making
- Other International Organizations
- International Foundations and Organizations Providing Financing
- Youth-Specific Funders Conducting Grant-Making
- Non-Youth Specific Organizations Conducting Grant-Making for Youth-Led Projects
- Organizations with Operational Programs Supporting Youth Initiatives
- Governmental and Nongovernmental Development Aid Agencies
- Information Sources for Funding Opportunities for Young People and the Youth Sector