- Country: International (Primarily United States of America)
- Publisher: Springer Science+Business Media
- Frequency of Publication: Bi-Monthly
- Published: From: 1972 To: Present
- ISSN: 0047-2891 (Print) 1573-6601 (Electronic)
- Language: English
- Weblink: http://www.springer.com/psychology/child+%26+school+psychology/journal/10964
- Child and School Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Psychology
- History of Psychology
Journal of Youth and Adolescence provides a single, high-level medium of communication for psychologists, psychiatrists, biologists, criminologists, educators, and professionals in many other allied disciplines who address the subject of youth and adolescence.
The journal publishes papers based on experimental evidence and data, theoretical papers, and comprehensive review articles. The journal especially welcomes empirically rigorous papers that take policy implications seriously.
Research need not have been designed to address policy needs, but manuscripts must address implications for the manner society formally (e.g., through laws, policies or regulations) or informally (e.g., through parents, peers, and social institutions) responds to the period of youth and adolescence.