Youth Unemployment: A Crisis in Our Midst – The role of lifelong guidance policies in addressing labour supply and demand
This concept note addresses five key questions:
(1) What are the current trends and challenges facing young people and policy-makers across Europe?
(2) What policies, including good and interesting practices, are emerging in differing European Union (EU) Member-States in response to youth unemployment?
(3) What more can be done to address youth unemployment, drawing on lifelong guidance policies and practices?
(4) How can policies for responsive lifelong guidance services make a positive contribution to new and emerging government delivery plans within and across Member-States?
(5) What are the key questions to inform the EU’s and Member-States’ education, training, employment and social inclusion priorities?