- Country: International (Primarily United States of America)
- Publisher: Sage Publications Ltd.
- Frequency of Publication: Quarterly
- Published: From: 1969 To: Present
- ISSN: 0044-118X (Print) 1552-8499 (Electronic)
- Language: English
- Weblink: http://www.uk.sagepub.com/journalsProdDesc.nav?prodId=Journal200812&crossRegion=eur#tabview=title
- Youth Transitions
- Individual Level Factors
- Youth Policy
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Political Science
Youth & Society is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal that focuses on issues related to the second decade of life. We are interested in both U.S. and global adolescent populations.
Although the adolescent period is the focus of the journal, transitional issues from childhood to adolescence and from adolescence to adulthood are also of interest.
Relevant topics include a wide array of issues ranging from individual level factors to policy concerns pertinent to adolescence. We are particularly interested in the social, contextual, and political factors that influence healthy and harmful adolescent development. We are open to a range of both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.